1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buck 65 - Situation

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by CHILDISHGAMBINO, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I'd been meaning to pick it up for a while and just did my taxes and had some extra cash so I did. It's a great album(like pretty much any Buck 65 album is). He's gone back to a more hip hop style with less of the "Tom Waits style" stuff on this one and I really like it. Not that I didn't like his last two albums but they aren't always that accessible to some people. Anyway there is some good bass playing on this album. That's one thing I really like about Buck 65 is that he uses live instruments with his turntable wizardry. He almost plays lead turntable solos you know?(I know its Scratch Bastid on this album but similar styles). Anyone else digging this?

2. axisluminary

axisluminary

Sep 30, 2007
    yeah, i got that album, but just couldn't get into it. i listened through it once and passed it off to a friend of mine who wanted it. i just didn't like the style. i'm thinking about picking up some of his older stuff though, just to see if i can find anything i like.

3. This album is a lot like his older stuff compared to his last two anyway. Check Synesthesia out it's got a more upbeat vibe than most of his stuff. I really like his lyrics, he's more of a poet than an MC. Also check Square out it only has 4 tracks but there are several songs on each track. The way it's laid out is cool but it sucks it you want that one song on a mix or something because its part of 10 or 15 minute track.

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Yeah, I've been calling Situation the grown-up Synesthesia, 'cause he sounds tired on this album.

The beats are great, and it's nice to see a well-recorded version of Dang (it's on the Strong Arm mixtape, but it's fairly lo-fi there), but overall this record is probably the most blended album of his career--to me there are equal parts Vertex, Synesthesia, and Talking Honkey Blues in this album. Not a whole lot of forward progression here.

I saw Buck open for Sage Francis last summer and he was awesome.