1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buckethead on bass!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by watspan, Mar 22, 2006.

1. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    On the new "Secret Recipe' dvd, there is footage of Buckethead in his bedroom slapping the bejesus out of a p-bass using some type of prosthetic thumb extension similar to funk-fingers. Man can that cat slap! Better than claypool IMHO! fun dvd if you're a b-head fan. very lo-fi, though. He'll be coming through Mad-town in a few weeks on a friday with Galactic on Sunday. Can you say "Lost Weekend";)

2. i feel 10 times weirder after watching that DVD.

Yeah, he was slappin pretty fast. There was also a part on the DVD where he was playing bass with a DJ on stage(i think it was DJ Disk)

The concerts on the 2nd disk are pretty good, but the New York one is horrible quality.

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I like what I've heard of Buckethead - some Praxis discs and C2B3. I thought he was great with Guns n Roses (saw that lineup twice).

Any recommendations for discs under his own name?

I'll keep an eye out for the DVD too.

4. Monsters and Robots is a good place to start on his solo stuff. I really like this disc he put out a year or two ago called The Coocoo Clocks of Hell. I've also been listening to this record he put out on Serj of System of a Down's imprint label. That one's called Enter the Chicken. I've been looking for that DVD but they didn't print many and it's like 80 bucks on E-Bay. I still might have to pick one up. :)

5. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    amazon.com under $20 usd
    there is also decent footage on 2 of the bonaroo dvd's and claypool's 5 gallons of diesel

6. Vorak

Vorak

Dec 6, 2005
    Madison, WI
    There is no way I am missing that show! I have a friend who's seen Buckethead live twice now and he keeps telling me its awesome. It's going to be awesome seeing him at The Annex. That place is small and very up close and personal.

7. Buckethead is going to be playing here a week from Saturday with Freekbass (which, in Cincy, means that Bootsy will probably stop in). I think I may have to go check that out.

8. I heard that buckethead and Serj were starting a side project. Anyone else heard this?

lowsound

9. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    England
    They did 3 songs together and BHs album "Enter The Chicken" is on Serjs label.