Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buckeye 6 REVIEW & (bad)Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fretless5verfan, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Well, the ooops(UPS) guy finally showed up with the Buckeye burl 6 shooter! I'll do the review and get that out of the way, I know all you want is pics!

Sound: 10

This bass is just incredibly clear and solid. I find the pbass on steroids comparison not quite fair to it. The sound is unbelieveably smooth and musical. The lows rumble like thunder and the highs sing out with sweet tone. There's no sterility here folks! Its got warmth to spare.

Construcion: 10

light as a feather!! This combined with the comfort strap that adrian sent me makes this bass virtually weightless. None of the shoulder problems i was running into with my BTB. This baby is SOLID, and immaculately constructed. My hat's off to keith.

Playability: 9.9

It puts a tab bit of strain on my wrists to play this monster because the neck is quite wide. But the actions is perfect and it's by far the easiest playing six string i've played. I thought there would be problems due to my small hands, but i'm doing fine!

Aesthetics: ...See for youself!

2. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Sorry about the crappy quality of the pics, this camera is a polaroid spectra and well over 30 years old. The pictures really dont do the bass justice at all.

3. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    A full shot...the purple heart fretboard turned out far better than i had hoped.

4. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    My favorite angle of a bass pic. Thanks to Adrian Garcia for all the help and being the middle man in the deal, and also for putting his roscoe on hold for mine and john's Thanks again bro. And thanks to boogie bass for being such a good guy about me pestering him, and to Zon4John for putting me at ease while i waited for the big brown truck to arrive!

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Beautiful bass!!!! I always loved Kieth's creations!!

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

OMG! Ok, not the best pics (as you said), but WOW, I get the idea! When you get a chance to pull yourself away from that beauty, borrow a camera and get some better pics for us... but seriously, major congratulations, methinks you'll soon be changing your nick to Fretted6erfan. :p

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Looks like you gotcherself a REAL bass there, amigo. Congrats. Keith sorta knows what he's doing. ;) My three Roscoes are the main tools in my kit, no question. Yers is purty, too.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Geez that's beautiful! If the neck stays too wide for you, give me a ring and I'll gladly take it off your hands.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nice Roscoe

[​IMG]

10. That's a killer buckeye top--is that something you supplied? I've never seen another Roscoe with buckeye. Looks great against the darker back, too.

Mike

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    And this...

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    OK, WE SENT YOU THE WRONG BASS!! YOU HAVE TO RETURN THAT TO ME AT ONCE!!!
    ( psst.. is he buying this? because if i knew that bass would look that good i wouldve sent him my POS thuya bass!!)
    OK!!- OVERNITE TO ME, RIGHT????

Congrats man, that bass looks beyond awesome- i cant say ive seen a finner buckeye top on any nass, period- enjoy it and thanks again, bro!!- peace, Adrian

13. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Congrats! That is one beautiful bass.

Dan

14. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Great looking bass! That is one good looking top! You and John are indeed very lucky dudes! Me, I'm headed into week 14 on my wait for the SKB fretless! Now that he's got John and your bass completed maybe he'll actually work on mine!:p

15. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Thanks for all the kind words! I'm gonna see if i can borrow a better (hopefully a digital one) later on today.

Brad- thanks for clearing those ups a bit bro

Mike-nope, keith supplied that ridiculous top, the pictures really dont do it justice

Adrian-you would need crowbar to pry this baby away from me!! I can't wait to see your thuya one finished:D

16. The Roscoe looks awesome. I always thought that they were great looking basses, and that one is one of the nicest ones I have seen. I also have a thing for burls, so go figure:D .

Geoff

17. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Geoff!! youre not allowed to comment here!!;) you have the most beautiful bass on TB bring made .. so you can take you proudass and.....
    man, you know im just jealous I didnt find those wood combos .. your bass is off the hook!!!
    that Buckeye is pretty darn amazing tho, huh??:cool:

18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    My basses suck.:(

That thing is beeeautiful. I want one (a Roscoe, that is). No, not want, I need one.:D

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Ryan- your basses do NOT suck!!

20. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    <marquee>SMOKIN'!!!:D</marquee>