1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buddah Rope

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by jnprather, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Stumbled onto this video on youtube. Interesting idea, anybody tried this (or something similar)?

2. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
  3. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I used to do this. I'd warm up with it and then I'd take it out. Made my strings feel really flimsy and light. But if I'd pick the bass up again a few hours later, the strings felt thick and heavy again. For me, I had to use it right before playing for any affect. I didn't really like the string feeling flimsy either, so I stopped using it. I just play a lot, I find that that helps with finger strength. I also do a few finger exercises on occasion, but rarely.

4. It might make his fingers strong, but IMO it has also made him really sloppy. Just play your bass normally and you should be fine.

lowsound

5. Yes, it is, and that's why I didn't find any threads when I searched for it. Thanks for the link!

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    EVERYBODY RUN! HE WANTS TO AKS US!!

Seriously. The guy speaks good English and then he goes and says "aks".

Like saxnbass said, it's only good if you use it right before. It's kind of like baseball players swinging a few bats at once or a really heavy bat before taking their bat up to strike. It makes it feel lighter.

7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Want to increase finger strength on bass guitar? Practice and play double bass.

8. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    Come on man, what's wrong with a little urbanese every now and then? You're criticizing his grammar and you say "good english"?

I don't know about this thing, it seems like you'd be better off practicing music to get better technically. So like, if you want to play up and down the fretboard really fast, practice playing up and down the fretboard fast.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021