1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Buddy Guy's in Chicago ...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lopxtc, May 1, 2009.

1. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    So the wife and I are going up to Chicago Monday night for the Grateful Dead Show on 5/5. Looking around I see that Buddy Guy's has an open blues jam on Monday nights. Has anyone on here played there before? If so, are they friendly to new players? Ive only been playing for a short time and been regularly attending a blues jam locally here in St. Louis, but given that this place is a big name in Chicago I was wondering if they were open and welcome to newbie players without a lot of experience under their belts etc.

Thanks,

Aaron

2. kjs

kjs

Sep 13, 2008
    Chicago
    I have only sat there for a drink, but never sat in on a jam despite the fact that i live a few blocks away. Unfortunately, i HEAR that there are a few regular jerks...however, i would not let that steer you away. Also, that place never seems busy at all and does not look slightly intimidating...have a few brews and jump up there!

3. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago