Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buddy has a 2x18,what should be added?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rancidrancid, Jan 4, 2006.

1. My buddy is a guitarist who is in a band,and he is going to let his band's bass player use his 2x18 once his new cabs arrive,and I said he should get atleast a 4x10 for the bass player,he thinks 4x12.What do you guys think?They play in a rock band if that matters.

2. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Sell the 2x18 and buy an 8x10.

3. oh man! don't go on just my opinion, but a 2x18 and a 4x12 could sound awesome! I love the big ole' speakers! What kind of head would be driving that? Also, what brand and year was that cab made?

4. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Have you ever seen the episode of Family Guy where Peter goes into the beer factory and the Chumba-Wumba kicks him in he shin?

Replace Peter with your bassist buddy, and the Chumba-Wumba with the soundguy and we might have an accurate re-creation.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    It depends on what sound the bassist wants.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    2x18 --> 2x15 ---> 2x12 ---> 2x10 --->2x8

A couple of crossovers and a few poweramps....why the hell not?

Oh and an articulated lorry to bring it round in.

7. oooo! get another 2x18! or the bag end 4x21!!! :eek: It's called the Bassault! :eek: :eek:

Ha! you we're thinking about what cab to add for a better high end, dude, with the bassault, the 2x18 would be you high end!

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    After careful consideration I think you should add the bag end bassault on to my previouse list.

9. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    a truck.

10. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Anyone have pics of this beast? I was on Bag End's site, and couldn't find it at all.

11. It's actually under the professional category on the site, it's intended for concert PA's and clubs and stuff, but you could use it in a rig! It's 3200 watts rms!

12. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Just add a 210 on top and it would be fine.

I ran two 18's about 15 years ago and loved it. However, I didn't like moving it!