Buddy Rich- Birdland

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by David Jayne, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Pretty cool. A friend just sent me this, I'd never heard it:

2. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    Never heard "Birdland" or Buddy Rich's version? If you liked that then you should check out the Buddy Rich Big Band doing "Time Check"

3. Oh, yes I'm abundantly familiar with the Weather Report version. Just thought Buddy and his band slayed it, in a new and really cool way(I never saw an entire brass section playing percussion for example!). And of course Buddy is just...Buddy. He just murdered everything to death, and I mean that as the highest possible compliment. :thumbsup:

4. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    I've always loved BR's big band. If you like that version you might like Maynard Ferguson's () or the Manahattan Trasfer's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxIo6nrgVa4). Our stage band in HS (mid 70's) use to do a lot of MF charts, we use to have a couple of shopping bags of LP instruments that were freely circulated around the horn section.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021