1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

budget 210 cab opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pantsman, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I've got myself 2 trace elliot 1518 cabs now and I'm looking at buying a 210 next. Surprisingly there are quite a few options in my price range, aprox AU$800.

so does anyone have any experience with the following 210 cabinets, also taking into account their price here in Oz.

Yamaha BBT210 $600 but is it 4Ohm?
    Warwick 211 $650
    Nemesis NSP210 $800
    Ashdown ABM 210T $800
    Hartke 2.5XL $550
    Ashdown Mag210 $500
    Behringer BB210 $300 :smug:

I play a 5 string OLP which is currently passive and have a Warwick profet5.1 and 2 different trace elliot 1518 cabs. I play in a metal band thats pretty hard to classify, but I really need a cab thats going to combine well with the warm trace 15 and give me some nice mids. I'm also looking into trying bi-amping and running distortion on the high channel.

any opinions or advice (the only cabs i can try is the warwick, nemesis and behringer) :help:

2. mophead

mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
  3. I don't believe avatar are available in Australia. I'll have a look at postage of a cab from the US though, I might be able to get something second hand shipped.

4. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    If you can, do. I have an Avatar 210 Neo that I cannot live without. Highly recommended.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The Yamaha is indeed 4 ohms.

Wow, stuff is expensive in Australia. I'd recommend the Nemesis. At AUD800, it seems overpriced, but it's a very clean sounding cab and should complement the TE 15 well. The Nemesis on its own doesn't dirty up at high volume, but if you're running a distorted signal through it, that shouldn't matter.

It's also one of the lightest 210s on the market, even though it doesn't have neodymium speakers.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021