Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Budget combo help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassplayir, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Hey, I know there's prolly a lot of threads already out there about this, but I need an amp that can do something. I'm only 16 and had to recently replace the transmission on my car, so I'm a little short on cash. I have an Ibanez gsr200 right now, but had money for a Fender American Deluxe until all this car crap. So anyway I was gonna get a new amp after my bass, but now changed my mind, since i have a Squier bp-15 right now, hate it to death. :mad: I don't really want to spend more then $200, and want something with as much wattage as possible, unless one of you can think of a reason why I should look for something else in and amp. I really don't know a whole lot about the technical stuff, just play a hell of a lot. :rolleyes: yeah but anyway know all you guys know what your talking about, so if you could help me out i'd appreciate it.

Dave

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Do a search here on Peavey amps. After owning a whole bunch of different amps I'm convinced no amp gives you more bang for the buck. I payed 200 bucks for an old TNT 130 about 10 years ago and its cut through at every single show I've ever done - with room to spare. The amp is over 25 years old now also and still kiks butt.