1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Budget-friendly bass distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wohnjalker, Jan 19, 2018.

1. TheSeagoats

TheSeagoats

May 21, 2015
    Maryland
    blip and Uncle Hanky like this.
  2. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    Wow. This is probably exactly what we all need...

3. Honey Pot Fuzz $70

Rilence, kevk and Uncle Hanky like this.
  4. dindinbre

dindinbre

Aug 2, 2017
    Serbia
    I have Digitech BassDriver, bought used for 30 dollars. It rocks, doesnt suck los end, has blend pot if you want that kind of sound. Basically 3 in one, drive, dist, fuzz

5. The Boneshaker is well worth $40 for its tonal palette.
    It has a great low-bass boost when you need some extra thumpasaurus oomph !
    I'm not sure I'd want it as my first/only dirt pedal, though.
    I find its distortion pretty basic and it lacks a blend knob.

The Aftershock seems a good way to try a bunch of different dirt types without buying 20 pedals along the way.

bassbrad likes this.
  6. I absolutely adore my old Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed. It has bass and treble control, so it doesn't just go all mid-rangey. Sounds killer in a band setting...

theunknowndude likes this.
  7. TheSeagoats

TheSeagoats

May 21, 2015
    Maryland
    Here's a recording I did with the pedal last week when I was testing out a recording setup I'm using for a friends doom metal project. Squier P bass with an SPB-3 pickup into the DS-1 into a Behringer BVT5500H, then lined out straight to my recording interface. Settings pictures below. Skip to :55 for a poorly played bass solo thing that might be a bit easier to hear.

FullSizeRender. IMG_9219.JPG

8. kevmac

kevmac

Mar 17, 2019
    Got me a Little Bear bs1 Fuzz and it's great on bass.For 50 bucks you can't go wrong.Sounds just like the Woolly Mammoth a much more expensive pedal it was cloned from.

9. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    EHX Blogger

10. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Mosky Black Rat and Mosky MM Silver.

Stan_da_man likes this.
  11. AlexBassMP

AlexBassMP

Feb 5, 2014
    Barcelona
    I use a Joyo UD with my practice amp to add some dirt from time to time.

bassbrad likes this.
  12. Jo Bass

Jo Bass

Feb 25, 2017
    Joyo American and Joyo UD sound great together.

bassbrad likes this.
  13. Joyo Pedals are certainly bargain tone bombers I have both the Ultimate Drive and California Sound that are excellent on guitar and bass plus they stack well. The California Sound has the added utility of being a useful clean to warm preamp to crunch to fully saturated drive with a very broad ranging EQ and variable mid character to the drive circuit. This is common to all of the Sound series of pedals so pick your preference.

14. Have to agree, changes mine out for some not as artificial sounding pedals, but when I used it got some compliments as to the boom my low B have to the stage...

15. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Caline Orange Burst - unbeatable for the price. This thing competes with pedals 10x more expensive. Such an underrated overdrive!

16. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Barbershop would be my suggestion.
    I have not felt the need for another OD since getting it and thereby potentially saved quite a bit of money.
    Teh m´sd Silverstone is also excellent!
    Effekte - Musician Sound Design

17. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    In the $50 price range I’d look for a used newer issue rat.