Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Budget Head and cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by krazy_olie, Oct 29, 2004.

1. krazy_olie

krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    I was going to save up for a combo but now i think i'd be better off with a head and cab, only problem this is a generally more expensive option and i have limited funds, £350 Max really (on all of it), probably 1 15" will do for now , then later i might add some 10's, i'm looking for quite a boomy sound. I looked at the ashdown electric Blue 180 head, (as i was thinking of getting the combo version) and i reckon that would be loud enough for now, there's also an ashdown 1X15" MAG cab which i think could go well with it. That's pretty much the only setup that i've found that I could afford though does anyone know of anything else.

2. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Well, if you like the Ashdown tone they are nice because you can add a second cab when you need more volume. If you're interested, I have the EB 115 150watt combo (made in UK) that I'm thinking about selling. It sounds really great, I'm just fickle.