1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Budget strings £50/$80

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by leebrady30, Aug 2, 2012.

1. leebrady30

leebrady30

Aug 2, 2012
    Hi, new here just discovered the site. The strings on my db are pretty worn no warmth to them anymore I'd like to buy a new set I play mostly jazz and folk I cannot and do not use a bow. I rarely slap either.
    Can anyone recommend the best budget set for jazz folk non aggressive playing.
    Many thanks.

2. WilliamJames

WilliamJames

Mar 2, 2011
    Seller of Hand-Knit Strap Pads
    You should look at some used strings on the classifieds here. A lot of these musicians change them quickly and sell nearly new sets for decent prices.

3. leebrady30

leebrady30

Aug 2, 2012
    Thanks a lot, I'll have a look.

4. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Check the price of Corellis in your area and the do a search on them and see if they sound like something you would like. They might be close to that price range. I'd also look at Innovations, assuming that you're in the UK.

5. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Spiro mittels or Evah P's usually meet the requirements. You'll def need to find them well used here or on ebay.

6. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Not sure what you mean. Neither of the strings you mentioned are $80 strings. Even used and serviceable, that's a stretch.

7. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    My reading comprehension is suffering these days, thanks for pointing that out Troy.