1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Budget TVs - Vizio/Dynex/Insignia/Westinghouse etc

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Jul 20, 2008.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've been doing some comparing and window shopping getting ready to buy a new TV. So far I've been seriously thinking about the Samsung, Sony and LG models, but am becoming more and more interested in these "budget" brands. A few friends have Vizios and Westinghouse, and have been pretty pleased with them, but haven't had them for too long. Maybe a year, tops. I have read Vizio was started by a former Sony VP who took a lot of their engineers with him, but don't know much about these other companies.

Do any of y'all have thoughts on these lower priced options? If it's all the same, I don't see any reason to spend $500+ more just for the name brand.

2. Olevia. I have a 32inch in my bedroom and it is nice. I owned a Westinghouse 32 before that it was great, until it died.

3. I have a 46" Vizio in my shop. It's one hell of a TV for the money!! I was told that in compared very well to the big name ones. I really don't know. I walk in the store, look at a few in my intended price range and say........that one looks good, pack it up :D

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Vizio usually gets the best reviews of the budget brands from what I've seen.

bc

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021