1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

budgie!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Yvon, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I just discovered them. I heard a few song so far on youtube. They are amazing!

I would like to buy an album or 2. Where do I start?

Thank you

2. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    Holy Cats! Budgie! I opened for them back in 1977. mid 70's Britband could there possibly be any albums still available? Most notable thing I recall was that Roger Dean (Of Yes album cover fame) also did the art work for them. Sorry i'm of little use, but thanks for the time trip.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    In For The Kill is my favorite Budgie album.

4. Awesome band, they're still going AFAIK, It would be a good idea to start with:
    1. Budgie: This album is awesome, here you can hear a really godd bass player, playing more leads than the guitar.
    Reccomended songs:
    Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman
    Homicidal Suicidal

2. Never turn your back on a friend: Amazing album
    Songs:
    Breadfan
    You're the biggest thing since powdered milk

3. Matt Till's suggestion, In for the kill, this is a heavier album, from here on Budgie changed and moved, IMO, towards a heavier sound.
    Songs:
    In for the kill
    Crash Course In Brain Surgery

I haven't heard Budgie for a while, but I do remeber them being an excellent, Hard Rocking band.
    Visit their website http://www.budgie.uk.com/, they have an online store where you can buy awesome T-shirts and the remastered Cd's of some of their albums.

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
  6. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks a lot guys, I will see what I can find locally and if I can't find anything, then it will be amazon or Ebay!

I really like the raw sound they get.
    I don't like it when a band is too perfect, they often loose the groove.

7. As much as I love In For the Kill, their best album has to be Bandolier. Sheer class from beginning to end and not a duffer on there!

Latest album, You're all living in cuckooland, is also killer.

8. deesonic

deesonic Supporting Member

May 8, 2005
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Yeah, I've been on a bit of a Budgie kick lately too. Watching videos on Youtube and whatnot. But their albums are nearly impossible to track down in the states it seems, especially the earliest ones. I'm surprised their back catalog has never been reissued considering how much Metallica raves about them and covers them ('Breadfan' and 'Crash Course in Brain Surgery').

9. Actually most of the Albums have been Remastered, you can buy them here .
    or in amazon

10. deesonic

May 8, 2005
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I know they have Budgie on Amazon, but it's import versions and they cost anywhere from $30-$80 on there per CD! Only the 'Best of' disk is reasonably priced. So, to clarify, I wish they reissue the catalog in the States. I can't afford an $80 import.:crying:

11. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    that's welshband to you mister :D

but wow, that must have been some gig! :hyper:

12. deesonic

May 8, 2005
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Well, I did finally find the the first Budgie album on CD for $9.99 used. No luck finding anything else for a decent price though.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021