Buffalo 66

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Ok I have seen this movie three times and I was wondering If that is a YES tune in the film where Billy go's into the stripper bar to kill Scott Woods. The Bass in that song is really cool until it go's soloie. I think in the credits it saids it was Yes.... I don't know anything about the Yes but would like to hear this tune again. Whats the name of this song?........ Anyone know what the hell I am even talking about?.......:oops:
  2. I don't know about the music at the bar, but, the scene where the're eating tripe, and the father asks, "Why is that knife pointing at me?" is so funny I almost wet myself whenever I see it.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, do so first chance you get, it's hilarious.

Mike J.
    Let him fill up on bread! :D
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Great indi movie......Gallo rules!
  4. Yeah! I understand Gallo also wrote and directed this movie. He also performed 78% of the music in this Film, I saw it at the theater 4 years ago and now it pops up on IFC every now and then. It's a great film...... I watched Joe Dirt for the second time...Yep,,nothing else on. But I did find this movie quite entertaining......Joe Dirt and Kickin Wing Rule!
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I enjoyed Buffalo '66
    Gallo is a pretty talented fellow...he wrote/directed/produced And did the music(except for a few bits)

I was watching MTV last night at like 3:00 AM(they actually show videos late at night)
    and there was a video of this band (glass luck or something like that) had vincent gallo in it(walking around a city being angry)
  6. that was Glassjaw

pretty strange video... its kinda creepy...
  7. It is indeed a Yes tune, I'm not sure it's name though. It is older Yes, maybe off of Fragile.

8. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    The tune you are talking about is "Heart Of The Sunrise" off the Yes album Fragile. I would suggest any early to mid 70's Yes, especially Relayer or Close To The Edge. Yes' bassist Chris Squire and Geddy Lee were the reasons I started playing bass.
  9. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    And, don't forget the song during the closing credits is also a Yes song -- "Sweetness" off their debut release, "Yes".

Vincent Gallo is a confirmed Yes fan, and in particular, a Chris Squire fan. This fact was mentioned several years ago in an article about Gallo in Playboy (proving that sometimes, the articles really ARE worth the cover price). This is the reason these songs were included in his tour-de-force film.

(Of course, Mr. Gallo himself provided the rest of the original score in his film. This guy is truly a phenomenon.)