1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bugera Veyron Mofset @ Sweetwater for 299 new

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jeff7bass, Jan 22, 2021.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Cool interesting deal. Looks like a permanent price drop.

The "T" is higher at $399 and I suspect because it's more popular, or maybe costs more to make?

Looks like a lot of Music Tribe has some price cuts. Interesting.

Namm stuff is coming out, maybe there's some competition

jeff7bass likes this.
  2. musicman556

musicman556

Jul 3, 2019
    Smyrna, TN
    If I remember correctly this was the price a few years ago, or maybe $399? I remember being surprised when the price jumped to be the same or close as some of the more reputable names.

It's NOT a 2kw amp, when viewed in comparison to Ampeg, Aguilar, MarkBass, etc amps. Earlier last year I bought a BQ500 (I know, not 500 watts either... similar mfg exaggeration, since they're the same company now!) but might have gotten a Veyron M if it was $300 instead of $500 at the time.

Back to being a better buy, imho.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I think Sweetwater has some special deal with Behringer, hence the $19 pedals and now cheap amps.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    jeff7bass and DJ Bebop like this.
  5. musicman556

musicman556

Jul 3, 2019
    Smyrna, TN
    Good thought. I've also wondered if they are pushing them out the door... dunno. Sweetwater usually just carries the cream of the crop (and higher margin brands) and I wonder if Behringer/the rest of their related brands no longer qualify for their ideal products for resale.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Ah - there was a big announcement. Bad timing on the 6th.
    It's on the Music Tribe and Sweetwater news pages

"Chuck Surack, CEO of Sweetwater, and Uli Behringer, CEO of Music Tribe, today announced the entering of an industry-first strategic relationship. The focus of this Super Partner relationship is to deliver an obsessive Customer Experience with unique collaborative opportunities to realize co-innovation of new products, co-marketing related to learning and education as well as a unique EDI collaboration to ensure all products are always in stock and readily available - now at up to 40% reduced prices."
    "Music Tribe will serve Sweetwater with global support services as well as spare parts supply directly from our factories, hence drastically improving the product turnaround time.
"

You can't beat Sweetwater for internet provider support.
    This is all good. Back to pricing where it should be and maybe some exclusive sales.

7. musicman556

musicman556

Jul 3, 2019
    Smyrna, TN
    Oh wow!

mildbill and DJ Bebop like this.
  8. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    That’s cool. So a dollar a Watt!

VerryBerry, bobcruz and DJ Bebop like this.
  9. A local pawnshop has one of their OLD lead sled amps for $80. Been thinking about what it'd sound like through an eminence speaker instead of those old aluminum cone speakers they'd use that seemed to always sound clanky-but-muddy.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  10. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    What is the "real" power output of this thing?

11. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Funny but actually it's about 700 watts.

Killing Floor likes this.
  12. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I still have my BX4500H SS head which has a similar layout and is 450w @ 4 ohms. Gotta be careful with the DEEP and Octave functions or yes, you will shred speakers.

seamonkey likes this.
  13. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Inactive

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody notices
    jeff7bass likes this.
  14. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Inactive

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    500w rms

lucas303 likes this.
  15. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I had one of those tube amps that resembles an SVT something. I am so sorry I sold it. Although it was heavy, once it was fired up, it sounded great. I was only obsessed with lightweight amps at the time. If one came up in eBay for cheap I'd buy it again.

16. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    700+

17. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Agreed. I've owned one of these and it was very loud! Not too crazy about the tone of the amp in a live setting, but if you want loudness on the cheap, this is it.

jeff7bass likes this.
  18. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Inactive

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    Corporate says 500 @ 4ohm

19. BassNugget

BassNugget

Dec 9, 2019
    California
    They give these funny power output specs like this: Peak Power Output - 2000 watts, Program Power (whatever that is) - 1000 watts, RMS Power (the only one we really care about) - 500 watts. Other manufacturers are doing the same, giving "Peak" power output, but not telling you it is peak. It is an annoying trend, but now you kinda know how to decode it: the "Program" is RMS x 2 and "Peak" is RMS x 4. For the Bugera and Behringer products, I had to look at the manuals to find out what kind of specs they are giving. The Veyron manual mentions Peak Power at 2000 watts. If so, we get approx. 500 watts RMS.

The combos have that kind of language too. Quoting 1000 watts for a 12 inch combo. Uh... at this price range, no way we have a 12" MI speaker that will survive. But again... it's peak, so really 250 watts RMS.

I found this link that kind of explains these ratings...
    RMS Power v Program Power v Peak Power

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021