1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bugera Veyron T BV1001T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sanwin17, Apr 29, 2015.

1. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Anyone know about this? Looks something like the GB Streamliner 900. 3 12AX7 tubes in the preamp and 2000 watts output for 500 bucks. Introduced at NAMM 2015. Sounds like a lot of amp for the $$.

5StringPocket likes this.
  2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    There's a pretty extensive thread on the tube and mosfet versions. A search should reveal it fairly easy....

B-string likes this.
  3. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Thanks. Looks like I'm about a years behind the curve.

BassikLee, B-string and ebozzz like this.
  4. cocobass

cocobass

Aug 25, 2006
    I ordered the Veyron BV1001T and received it 10 minutes ago. I opened the box and unwrapped the amp to assess build quality and note the details.

Currently, I use an Alembic F1-X in a rack system with a Stewart World 1.2 amp, BBE Sonic Maximizer, and a Korg DTR-2 Tuner. My basses are Vintage Fender, Sadowsky, Alembic and MusicMan. I also own a Hartke 3500 amp, Hartke Kickback 10, Mackie amp, Eden amps, GK, and so on. Yes, I need to sell some stuff...how much does a guy need?!?

So, my initial impressions: The 1001T comes in feeling very solid. Some amps seem to feel like they are built from sheet metal and are bolted together with bent corners. Some portable class D type units weigh very little. Some amps have a "no frills" feel when turning the volume & tone knobs. Fit & finish for practically everyone is acceptable. Now, regarding the 1001T, the front face and sides feel like they are machined from barstock aluminum. There are no burrs or evidence of poor workmanship on the chassis. There is an integrated handle on the side of the unit - the right side. Pleasant detail noted - there is a rubber hand rest with finger relief molded into the support that is SCREWED ON, not glued on. Nice touch. It feels ergonomic and comfy. Top - bottom - back are black whilst the face is gray and the sides are red.....attractive. Labeling is in white and clear on both front and back. There is some weight to the unit - doesn't compare to my GK MB200 but then again, that's comparing apples to oranges. Bolts holding the chassis together are chrome, visible and attractive. Overall appearance of the unit is quite sexy.

The volume knob is comfortably larger than the other knobs. Each knob has a knurled type grip. They seem to be metal, or at the least a very high quality plastic. Turning all of the knobs rewards the owner with a sense of confidence as there is a very well engineered feeling to them. They don't feel loose or cheap at all. The volume knob has a detente that is smooth but obvious. Again, no cheap components used in this aspect....at least this is the impression given. Amp sits squarely on top of four 1.5 inch rubber feet. They are larger than they have to be, but this is to its advantage as it is not likely to slip or move from vibrations coming from the speaker box. On/Off switch is in the rear as is are all other inputs / outputs except the instrument input which is of course, up front. There is also an attractively installed cooling fan on the left side of the unit. Opposite of the handle on the right side you will note the perforated sidewall to facilitate cross ventilation.

I mentioned my other gear earlier to indicate that I am not new to bass playing (over 30 years) and that I have had my hands on some decent high-end stuff. It is this hi standard that I am comparing the 1001T to.

Amp ships with a garden variety three pin cord. No doubt it works with this amp, but I have a custom high performance 10 gauge cord that I like to use and will use with this amp. All the money went into the amp. No frills when it comes to the power cord. No problem.

Lastly, I will need to get it home and test it with my speakers: Accugroove El Whappo, Bag End S-15 & S-15X and Eden XST cabs. Then there will be the gig test! I will follow up when I get to that point.

Overall my first impressions are that this is a well built, quality piece of equipment and if how it sounds is anything like the way it looks and feels, then I'd say this is the bargain of the century. Stay tuned....

5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Very nice! I got the Mosfet version this past Saturday. I feel the same way you do regarding the build quality. The tone of mine is also quite good.....

6. cocobass

cocobass

Aug 25, 2006
    User Experience Phase 1:

Got the amp home and tried something silly - I connected my GK MB200 to the El Whappo and played. It actually sounded wonderful...even though it looked like a flea trying to hump an elephant!

Then I hooked up the BV1001T to the El Whappo and dialed in a sound....wow! Now, there is some debate as to the *actual* wattage of the BV1001T. That aside, what a tremendous difference. It sounds wonderful and I am impressed. Compared to the GK, it was much much more full sounding and the 12AX-7's seemed to do a great job with warming up the sound. Low B string was full and present. All other strings were what one would expect through a quality amp. I noted that when the amp is on, the window in the center of the amp is illuminated, showing the tubes. Also, what I really like is how the volume knob has a pleasantly lit orange halo around the perimeter....sweet. So far, a great purchase.

Part two will be how it performs this weekend at my next gig. Stay tuned.....

7. cocobass

cocobass

Aug 25, 2006
    OK, it's going on 2 AM and the gig is over. I decided to take the 2 Bag End S-15's and the Stingray 5 Classic along with the BV1001T. Set up was a breeze! I had preset the input level, compressor and tone controls prior to leaving. I simply found an outlet, plugged in the amp, connected the speakers and the direct out to the PA, checked tuning and I was ready! I went through sound check and reset my volume. I had the -15db pad on to ease the clipping my bass caused due to output level and I had the volume set at 11 o'clock. The tone was righteous!

We played for an hour and at that volume setting, I noted the amp had NO trouble handling my attack or the big BIG B string parts. Everything sounded present and clear. I checked the temperature at the end of the night and noted the amp got a little warm.....I mean a little....a tiny bit.

Was this amp worth it? YES. Sound, weight, power, performance, so far this little thing is amazing! Go for it - I think it's a winner. Ok time to crash!

8. disssa

disssa

May 6, 2009
    Germany
    Some more infos about the Veyron T: klick

ebozzz likes this.
  9. zmebass76

zmebass76 Makin' bass faces since '92... Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Port Neches, Tx
    Anyone who own this amp use it with one or more of the cabinets made by Bugera designed to go with it? The BT210TS and/or BT115TS? Sound good? Any one mixing these cabs, using one of each? Other brand cabs recommended for this amp? Thanks in advance!

10. Thanks for the thorough review!! Looks like this is going to be in my shopping cart soon... Gonna use it to power my Fearless F112 and see what happens... :)

11. I've just picked up one of these used. I had an Eden Nemesis 1x15 so I also bought a new Bugera 2x10 cab to go with it for home use.
    I'm *super* impressed with the amp so far, not gigged it yet but the sound is fantastic, the compressor is good enough that I'm ready to sell my EHX Bass Preacher and the warm drive you can get with the tube preamp is a lot closer to the sound I wanted in my head than I can get with a Sovtek Big Muff.
    It's a very classy feeling affair and the sound's excellent. I'd guess between 500-700W RMS but it's more than powerful enough for me and I have really clicked with it.

The 2x10 cab is very nicely made with a pad for the horn on the rear. I don't think it'd handle anything like 1600W of real power but it's got a great neutral tone, it's relatively compact and portable and feels robust. The only mod I've made is to spray the silver Bugera logo matt black. As a silly example of quality, even this silver logo isn't metalised plastic, but rather nice steel...

Willy Franklin likes this.
  12. I couldn't get my "personal kinks" worked out with it so I sent it back.... I was getting (I believe) too much compression from the preamp tubes. When I want it to spank, it seems hindered to me, like something is holding back even without the compressor turned on. Probably a big factor in that is that (for me) the input clips too easily, even with a passive bass... and when you turn on the -15dB attenuator, then you have to crank up the output stage and that causes a lot of hiss...

I have to say I really liked the sound at lower volumes when I was playing more sensitive...

Your mileage will definitely vary... :)

13. bassmaned

bassmaned

Dec 20, 2005
    This was EXACTLY my experience plus dirty pots! Its even worse through headphones. I'm very Disappointed because I was really looking forward to playing this. It's back in the box now ready to be shipped back.

14. cfequa

cfequa

Jan 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I got mine about 6 months ago. Its kill in. I had to have repaired yes but couldn't wait to get it back. I used an svt pro 7 while waiting for it to return. The act while creamy does not have the ads kickin headroom. I like it and I like them both. I think the act is best for my fenders but not the 5 strings. IMHO