1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buidling a new bass around a Modulus Quantum 6 Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DennyOnBass, Feb 29, 2008.

1. I just aquired a Modulus Quantum 6 neck and have a local luthier who is willing to build the body for it. I'm looking for some cool ideas for woods/pickups/bridge/etc. I have an affinity for Zebrawood but I'm open to any/all ideas.

So, what do you guys think...?

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Zebrawood is good. Maybe look at using it as a top, as it's heavy stuff IIRC....

3. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    how's this progressing? pics?

4. All I have at this point is the neck. I think I want to do a Zebrawood top and I'm thinking swamp ash for the body. But I'm still open for suggestions. I remember seeing a Sadowsky with a tobacco sunburst finish over spalted maple that I thought was really cool.

Delano has some 6 string Music Man styled pickups, and I'm thinking about using them.

http://www.delano-pickups.com/english/6-string/mc6hes.html

Anybody know how easy/difficult it is to get these in the states?

The preamp will probably be Audere, since I have one in my jazz and love it.

I'm meeting with the luthier tomorrow to talk this over. He's pretty backlogged so I may not be able to do much more than start collecting the parts for a while.

I'm also considering doing some sort of MIDI out since I have access to a 6 string bass bridge with the sensors.