Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Build a Bedroom

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MasterChief, May 25, 2004.

1. MasterChief

MasterChief

Feb 4, 2003
    Virginia
    My family is building a house really close by. I wanted to get some ideas for how my bedroom should be designed (floor-plans, etc.).

I want it to have a really nice, comfortable, soothing, relaxing, musical, fun atmosphere to it. A place to play music all the time and to be with my beautiful girlfriend.

Share with us some ideas you have.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm down with steps.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I say; Up with lofts.

4. Sound proof it for sexual pleasure with your girlfriend ^^

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Also a good idea if you intend to be making music in there.

6. MasterChief

MasterChief

Feb 4, 2003
    Virginia
    Hmmm... Let's not include dimensions into this. I don't even know what dimensions I'm working with, myself. I might be able to score myself an entire third floor all for me.

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I always figured that my dream bedroom would have a urinal. Not a whole bathroom - too much to keep clean, just have a corner with some tile and a urinal.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I hear that. Throw in a mini-fridge and a hot plate, there'd be no reason to leave.

9. now thats what i call livin'.... L I V I N'

10. MasterChief

MasterChief

Feb 4, 2003
    Virginia
    I'm not really up for having a bathroom in my bedroom. Friends come over, and everything. I don't want my room smelling like a bathroom...

A mini-fridge is definitely a must.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's also known as dorm life.

Ahh, the joy of having my own apartment. It's like one big bedroom! :)

...and theoretically, if I got a studio apartment, it would be.

12. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Why mini? Get a huge fridge. It's the American way :)

13. I so want a studio apartment.

I've always figured that if I get rich, I'm going to get a giant warehouse and make it my house.

Have everything out in the open, except the bathroom, and shaggin' room. Which would be in another encloser in this warehouse.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...sorta like a 1 bedroom apartment, you mean.

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

No - Not a whole bathroom. Just a urinal built into one corner. It's not a public urinal, so you can flush it and maybe keep a toilet mint in it and it'll be fine. Don't think you need it? Then you have not done the three A.M., drunken, naked stager to the bathroom nearly enough times yet. A simple urinal in the bedroom - this is my dream.
    my wife is disgusted by the idea - it'll never happen...

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah - sounds like your typical one bedroom apartment - only big enough for a full sized stage for the band, a bar, a half pipe, poles (for the girls to dance), a badminton court...
    ...oh, sorry - this was somebody elses fantasy bedroom.
    Yes, indeed.
    Back to my dream of stepping out of bed, taking three steps and peeing.... yesserie bob, that is when I would know that I had "arrived"
    :eyebrow:

17. Yeah, but huge.

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

just live outside, it's huger.

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Or outer space. The hugest.

20. Hey, this is off-topic as I have nothing to contribute, (other than a urinal in the room is a terrible idea. :p , due to smell, possible missage etc) but I was wondering where in VA are you from?