Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Build a travel bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Theshortlist_to, May 21, 2005.

1. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    Luthiers- how much do you estimate a travel bass would be to build/sell

obviously it would need a headphone amp
    maybe with K&K piezo or just a bart soapbar
    fretted
    headless
    simple bodyshape
    ash body
    rock ash neck
    rosewood fretboard.

challenge for the best price.

Ready
    Set....

Quote!

2. That's not something that can be done in the forum by forum rules. TB is a private venture and any commercial discussion must be done in areas where subscription fees are paid for the priviledge. If you are shopping a project, you should approach builders directly by PM or email rather than by broadcast fishing. You will get much more accurate information and it won't put the builder in a position of running afoul of TB management.

BTW, that's "Rock Maple" not "Rock Ash" :D

3. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    thats what i meant honest :rolleyes:

im not actually shopping right now, the thread its self was an investigation out of intrest to see how much the parts and build would be. it was simply an innocent question.

baisically what i wanted to know was how much one would cost to build, and the level of build difficulty say over a EUB or a BG.

Some help with the best headphone amps/pre amps would have been an added bonus too.

Let me be the first to apologise of any inconvenience caused and the thread was probably worded badly and made it seem as if i wanted to buy a bass from a TB luthier.

Thanks

Tom

4. you should find builders and ask for quotes directly from them (maybe a private message to a couple of people could get you something). no one is going to do a public quote for you.

5. sounds more like he's looking to build one himself one day. that's what i got from the second post.

6. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    If you went economy on all the hardware, didn't get fancy with figured or exotic woods, if you already have all the tools needed, and you had passive electronics... I say $250, maybe (not including strings). If you used active electronics or used an acoustic pickup, $300.

7. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    correct, did i not say that?

oops :rolleyes:

thanks teej atleast someone is willing to give me a little help.