1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Build my own?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trackskinz, Feb 25, 2013.

1. trackskinz

trackskinz

Nov 1, 2011
    I think my Yorkville 200 1x15 may be at it's limit , thinking of an extension cab. I was thinking it might be fun to build my own2x10. thoughts?

2. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    overall the sensitivity of a 1x15 and a 210 is the same.

to increase the sensitivity of your system and reduce distortion you need to add more speakers. Matching speakers.

unmatched speakers have a different phase response at different frequencies so they will cancel and comb out, given peaks or dips in the overall response. And instead of adding to the overall system volume or sensitivity of the system. It will stay the same and include combing and phase cancellations. Making the extra money and time spent a waste

Just save your money and time and buy another matching 1x15
    this will improve the overhead or your speaker system, and the extra tone and presence of 2 drivers will be a big improvement.

3. trackskinz

trackskinz

Nov 1, 2011
    wow I didn't know that! thank you sir, you probably just save me a pile of money....

I have a Behrenger120 that I was using as a monitor, and I was wondering if something like that was happening, so I turned it off but it didn't seem to have any effect.

4. trackskinz

trackskinz

Nov 1, 2011
    Any suggestions on an extension cab beside the traynor xm?

5. your best bet is to get another of the exact same model.

Or maybe look into getting a new (used) 2-15 cab?