So! I ended up reheading and tuning up the whole kit over the last couple days. Yet another distraction I recorded a partial test today, just to see if removing only portion of the panels would make a difference. I did a couple pre/post samples with only the wall panels off and then on again. The four "bass traps" and the two on the ceiling were up the whole time. Partially as a test for the wall panels, mostly because I didn't want to get up on a ladder and break more of a sweat. It's miserably hot in this garage. The result kinda surprised me. The wall panels are very selective about which frequencies they absorbed. Now, this is one of those things where you may know the verbal contents of a piece of knowledge, but you don't actually know what that means until you've experienced it. That's what wall panels are supposed to do, but you're left with the mistaken belief that the reverb will get dramatically shorter compared to the control (no panels). The reverb is still there, but it's much steeper in its decay along the high mids and highs, so you don't get a wash of fizzy sound that drowns things out. Ironically, this makes everything sound brighter, due to the transients being more defined. Also, forgive my butchery of basic rhythms, my drummer is on vacation. I'll see about getting a full takedown vs full install comparison. I'll give you a 60% chance that I'll actually do it. Desert heat + summer + enclosed space + physical labor = uuuurrrrgggghhhhghghghghghghghghh.