Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Build your own analog fx pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Usul, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Does anybody know of a webstie or publication that shows any of the wiring diagrams for the more popular effects?
    I`m no wizard but I am betting you could pick up a lot(if not all)of the guts/inards for making your own fx at any good electronics store/online?

Just a thought....I know Joris makes some of his own effects,maybe he`ll reply to this thread? *hint hint* :D

2. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Harmony Central's effects section has a couple of links that might interest you. I would also suggest getting a copy of Craig Anderton's "Electronic Projects for Musicians" book, and pay a visit to http://www.paia.com . They sell several interesting looking kits, puls all the cuircuit boards and parts for the EPFM book. Plus, they will fix anything that you screw up!

Hope this was what you were looking for,

Lee

3. cool link LWatford, have you built one of these yourself? It looks like a fun project to build a pedal or two, but after looking at the schematics of some, it looks really hard. Is it that hard?

4. The best place on the net is www.muzique.com completely devoted to this, even has forums etc. It also there is a effects/amp page at www.firebottle.com/ampage

As you can tell i like doing this stuff. hehee They cater for the beginner right up to "yeah i'm a wizz, built the Back to the Future Time Machine in an arvo" type-o person.

Its not hard, and yet it can be. I have built a couple. Built a distortion recently on my bread-board/prototyping board, its good because it was a bit muddy so i changed some of the caps. I built the Muff Boost i think from the Muzique webpage.

Its good fun! You just try and build an amp and pre-amp like i did! phewww! :eek:

Merls

5. Thanks for the links guys,they`re great! :)

:D

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas