Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Build Your Own Clone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass-shy, Jan 15, 2006.

1. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Has anyone built any of these kits? They have a pretty good selection and reasonable prices. I would like to see some bass specific pedals, though. www.buildyourownclone.com

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've heard very good things about them, I thought they did do some bass specific kits like a BrassMaster Clone

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Maybe they used to, I just didn't see any on their site. I guess I should have dug a little deeper. Thanks.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Bump. I'm still curious about these pedals, specifically the delay and chorus. Anyone?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Their quality is good, but I wouldn't consider it much of DIY myself. I use perfboard, do my own layouts, wiring, and a few design changes in each. However, if you know what you're doing, BYOC pedals offer much flexibility in a good quality finished product.

6. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I haven't ever built my own effects, but I am quite comfortable with a soldering iron. BYOC seems like a good place to get started on these type of projects. One of these days I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks.