1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

building a bass - pickup question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by casio, Mar 19, 2009.

1. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    Hey guys,
    I checked around and I might be stupid for not finding it but I guess I can just hope you humor me!=)
    In any case, I'm planning a warmoth build of a P/J bass on a tele style body with a jazz neck (long time dream of mine).
    So, I have the pickups, two seymour-duncan SPB-2's already, they were for another project that was thrown away.
    My question is, what else is necessary for me if I want to build a passive bass?
    I checked seymour duncans site and all the tone circuits they're offering are active. I know I should do copper shielding of the cavity, and I know knobs are necessary, but as far as making the pickups produce a tone what do I need and where can I find it?
    thanks again for not minding the ignorance and reading through this!:D

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
  3. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    thanks a lot for the help man, it seems I have every piece of the puzzle to build the dream!:D