1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

building a hardcase

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ringworm4005, May 10, 2003.

1. Hey Everyone,

Due to sheer boredom I've enbarked on a journey. This journey should provide me with a solid hardcase for my axe. I've begun construction by shaping styrofoam slabs in the shape of the bass, and stacking them appropriately. I plan to encase the whole cube of styrofoam with wood and turn it into a flight case. Has anyone tried this before, and/or any tips?

peace,

Peter

PS. I'm not sure I posted in the right forum, so please move it if necessary.

2. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm building a case for my eub (56" l x 8"w x 8"h. 3/8" Birch ply for panels, 3/4" pine for everything internal, rubberish foam were bass makes contact with the case. I may or may not line the insides with a shag type of material (craft store - like a traditional hardshell case); depends on what I do with the outside of the case.

I had to get the handle at a music store, but everything else I bought @ Home Depot.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    It will be heavy!!!

I've used 3/4 in. material for the edges and 1/4 in. material for the top and bottom.

Hardware can be purchased from a place like Partsexpress.com I don't know of a source in Europe.

It will be heavy!!!

Good luck!!!