Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

building a hardcase

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ringworm4005, May 10, 2003.

1. Hey Everyone,

Due to sheer boredom I've enbarked on a journey. This journey should provide me with a solid hardcase for my axe. I've begun construction by shaping styrofoam slabs in the shape of the bass, and stacking them appropriately. I plan to encase the whole cube of styrofoam with wood and turn it into a flight case. Has anyone tried this before, and/or any tips?

peace,

Peter

PS. I'm not sure I posted in the right forum, so please move it if necessary.

2. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm building a case for my eub (56" l x 8"w x 8"h. 3/8" Birch ply for panels, 3/4" pine for everything internal, rubberish foam were bass makes contact with the case. I may or may not line the insides with a shag type of material (craft store - like a traditional hardshell case); depends on what I do with the outside of the case.

I had to get the handle at a music store, but everything else I bought @ Home Depot.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    It will be heavy!!!

I've used 3/4 in. material for the edges and 1/4 in. material for the top and bottom.

Hardware can be purchased from a place like Partsexpress.com I don't know of a source in Europe.

It will be heavy!!!

Good luck!!!