Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Building a pedal board. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Niskamies, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I am building a pedal board for bass, and I am thinkin of what pedals I should buy. I already have a Digitech Bassdriver and a Digitech Bass Synth Wah, and I ordered a Fulltone fulldrive. I am thinking of buying a Boss CEB-3 chorus. What do you people think about that Boss?

I am thinking of buying an Aphex Punch Factory, because everybody is talking about how great compression pedals are, but I already have an excellent compressor in my amp, an EBS HD350. So, do I need the Aphex for anything?

I have already decided to order a Sadowsky Preamp/DI for a DI box and to fatten up the tone of my Fender Jazz. What other pedals would be useful? Maybean octaver? What other pedals would you purchase if you already had an overdrive, distortion, chorus, a compresor in your amp, a synth wah and a DI?

2. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    depending on your style of music and how often u use effects, I myself have the Boss BF-3 Flanger and MXR Phase 90, both very good modulation effects for bass

3. You pretty much got everything you will ever need there. Maybe a volume pedal or a manual wah but you have to ask how often you need these things.

I built a pedalboard too, one problem I had is that I over-estimated the space I would need. So now I have this big bulky thing that could have been slightly smaller. Always make it as small as you can still with enough room for the pedals - simple advice but something I which I had heard before I made mine!

4. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I will use a Rockcase case for the pedals:
    http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw3_rockcase_rc23010a_prodinfo.html
    I have one of those for my guitar pedals, and it works well.

The compressor is the only thing that I am not sure about. To buy or not to buy? :help: