Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Building a Still

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Nov 20, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I'm trying to figure out how to build a still. It needs to be a small one so as to hide easily. I know most of what is going on in the distillation proccess... Could anyone help me in understanding a little more what goes on in a simple still? Like, what runs where and stuff like that. I just want to konw what goes on in a simple pot-still. I'd really appreciate this guys. Thanks alot.

2. What's a still?

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You know -- for brewing some of that ol' "white lightning" (hiccup)!

Have you checked the Internet? I mean, you can learn how to make a fertilizer bomb on the 'net, why not a still?

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You know you've hit a low point when...

5. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Are you nuts?:)

They'll put you in jail and throw the key away in N.C. for just thinking about building a still.

A small still is sort of useless anyway. You can drink it faster than you can make it.

Besides all of that- what does a 16 year old need a still for? Shame, shame!

Pkr2

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Do you have the pre-requisite Chrysler Imperial or Grand Fury equivalent "Walking Tall" type car for the Police Chases?

7. What I can tell you is don't go past 95% (190 proof) alcohol or you can REALLY hurt yourself. After 95% benzene is ALWAYS present with the alcohol....very bad stuff....like killing stuff.

White lightning...bad.
    Beer.......good.

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Or an orange Charger with a big "01" on the side??:D

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Is NC one of the "dry zones" then?

10. Nah, they just have a long history of taxing alcohol there to discourage its consumption.

NASCAR developed out of moonshine-distiller and bootlegger culture in the Appalachian hills of western North Carolina. Bootleggers would soup up their cars to beat tax collection agents' ("rev'nuers") cars, and on Sunday afternoons they would race their hot rods on local tracks.

It's kind of a dubious reflection on America that these bootlegger pissing matches developed into one of our most beloved sports...

11. Not to mention the most boring...

drive straight, turn left, drive straight, turn left, drive straight, pit, turn left, drive straight, turn left, drive straight, turn left, drive straight, turn left, drive straight, pit, turn left, drive straight, turn left X 200

:D

12. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

MUh cuzzin Merle Bob Haggard and his commun law wife, Dinah Dinette, has been lookin' fer a Kwalty Azshurince testur.

Tha onlee dawnside is thuh last Kwalty Azshurince testur went blind wen he miksed it with Sterno jewce.

Wun't a job in Slaptrace??? Yer pay's all in caysh!!!

[​IMG]

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol! where's buford pusser?

14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Swangin' the nekst bord for yer nekst Konklun dawn in Rome, GA.????

15. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You best not be makin' fun o' my maw and paw! They done the best they could with what they's given. You can see how maw's drank so many Colt 45s, she done got herself a prize-winnin' beer gut to enter in this year's fair. I might also mention that this here pitcher was taken as my sister Selma Lou come pullin' up the drive with her brand-new used Trans Am. We all thought it was real purty. Yee-haw, Skynyrd rules!

16. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!