1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Building ATA Cases

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Nick Ioannucci, Mar 23, 2006.

1. i would love to begin building ATA cases, but i have no idea where to get the ATA box mtaerial, i believe its plywood coated in abs plastic. is there a place to order this kind of stuff? i would like to build myself a rack, and mabey a cases for my cab, and if they turn out decent i could make it into a little side job for myself. i need material. help please.
    -nick

2. Ok so i did some more searching, and came across this great site. http://www.reliablehardware.com/index.asp it has all of the parts that you would need to build your own ata type case or otherwise. it turns out that the plastic is a laminate that you add to the plywood.... i thought it was a special pre-made thing. hwo knew. sorry for the waste of space.
    -nick

3. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    cool thanks for the info nick. I was thinking about making a fitted case for one of my basses today. My boss is an ex-stucco guy so he can get me the hook-up on foam that would work for the padding. I was debating on trying to find a skb like carcass or making the the case out of playwood.