1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Building cab(s) out of old entertainment center cabs... O_o

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MTBassMania, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MTBassMania

MTBassMania

Mar 5, 2013
    So, I've been cleaning out my garage and selling stuff that has just been collecting dust, and I was trying to sell an old entertainment center, and not having any luck. But then I thought... "Ya know, I kinda need a mid-size cab, something I'm not really attached to, that I can take to bars and stuff." I have a small cab for home jams, and big Genz Benz rig, which I keep tucked away.

Anyway... Here are some pics of what I am working with. Can it be done? Thoughts? Resources on how to build your own cab? Or how I can just wire these cabs to take the output from an amp? Five cabs and all those speakers... Surely, it can be done. IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0299.JPG

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    If you like fuzz bass. ;)

Gotta know the ohms of each cabinet. Use an adjustable HPF. Might get something.

3. I bet my 1000 watt Minimega would make em' vaporize after a brief flaming.

Actually check out the names of the speakers in question. Google might tell you they have value. Old Klipsch can be very valuable as well as several others.