Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Building Fender jazz bass and NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bobbybass85, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Hi everyone, i'm currently about to start building a fender jazz bass and have a problem. it will be my first guitar build so i'm new to the world. The vintage style neck i'm looking at is 63.5 mm at the neck joint and the pocket on the bodies i'm looking at range from 64mm to 65mm. Would the 65mm be too big for the neck? how much play can i allow without running into problems and needing modifications. thanks

2. Welcome to TalkBass Bobby.

I've reported your post because you have violated one of the rules you agreed to when you joined by double posting the same question in 2 different forums.

That being the case and since this post will likely get deleted anyway ;) I think I'll take a free shot here...Stop nitpicking a mm here or there when all you're doing is assembling a bass and not building a bass. You don't have any idea what goes into actually building an instrument like this. So, go get your parts and solve the few if any problems you'll have to make a playable instrument and get over it. :rollno:

3. Ok guys thanks for the advice, and my apologies to hambone fro the double post, i'll be honest and say i did not take the time to read the forum rules and faqs, but i will do it asap. thanks again

4. No prob Bobby,

Slap that puppy together and get some pics up. That's what we do here too!