Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Building my own cabinet. questions and Help !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Hiya for my AS level major roject i will be building a bass cabinet. I have no experience what so ever in building cabinets. Of what i have been reading it is a lot more complicated than it looks. I have a couple of questions i hope you can answer. I am looking to use a Aguilar 10 inch 8 ohm speaker, i think you can buy them of there site. But im not sure wether to go for 2 10 inch or just one, i am focusing on portability and weight. I also want to try and make it around the same size as my gs-112 so i can stack them once it is made. Has anyone esle made anyhtin around these lines before if so do you have any advice or tips on how to go about building somthing like this. Also time is against me as i only have about 8 weeks.Hope someone can help.

Lewis

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Do a search here and look for "Cabinet building 101".

There is a ton of info. And there is alot to it, but if done right is very gratifying.

Before you buy any speakers, get what is called the "T/S" parameters of the speaker.

Those specs will tell you what kind of cabinet those speakers work best in. Without those specs, it's all just hit or miss.