Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

building my own Flea bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reverend Duke, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Reverend Duke

Reverend Duke

Apr 3, 2003
    I like the Modulus Flea bass, but not a big fan of the price. I'm thinking of building my own, starting with a Warmoth dinky J body, a Moses Graphite Neck, and a Bart MM-style pickup--maybe a Badass bridge?

What do you think sirs? My big problem with deciding whether to do a Warmoth project is that sometimes it can get more expensive than just buying the same bass! :rolleyes:

Oh well. Questions? Comments?

2. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    I had the same thought....about a year ago I put together a Moses/Warmoth/EMG 4 string, it came out great! Like a dummy I sold it, convinced I had to play only 5 strings, and I've regretted it ever since.

Do it man you won't regret it.

Also, there's no way you could pick up a bass of the quality that you'll end up with unless you pay alot more.

...good luck

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm sure that it will be a sexy bass, but it will probably not have the same sound as a Flea bass.

Try it though, and if it doesn't turn out like a flea, you have a sexy bass anyways.