1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Building new pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stelios82k, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Hi to everyone. I am in the proccess of building a new pedalboard after having recorded some demo songs with my band. In this process i found that multiband distortion fit better in the context we are playing and so is some other modulated or reverb/delay sounds. So far i recorder separate signals in the Daw and the engineer made his thing to fit all that. From now on i would like to approximate the sounds with my pedalboard or rehearsals and live (when this is going to happen?). I would like some help so not to go down a road of buying/selling gear without having an idea about the result.
    modulargrid_1376936.jpg
    I have some pedals (well the idiotbox is a blower box) that i would like to arrange on a pedalbord, and in a way that, i maintain the low end clean and hpf the distorted or modulated signals.
    I dont have the KMA or the Signal blender yet but are pedals that i consider for the application.
    The 2 scenarios and the questions are:

1) If i get the tyler and place the pedals in HPF loop will it do the job? Is there going to be any volume difference if i engage/disengage the pedals in the loop?

2) If i get the Signal blender which is cheaper i could (?) possibly use the aftershock's 2 channels as HPF and LPF in the loops and place the pedals? is it the same as tyler's application? Will it be any volume difference in this case? And if i split hte signal with aftershock and HPF/LPF the channels is a simpler mixer enough to merge the signal?

I already know that aftershock can do all that but i dont want to mess with apps during a performance.

i am reading too many topics about splitting and merging signals, phase issues etc etc and honestly i am lost because this is new to me. Cash isn't exactly flowing so i would like to minimize the losses.

Sorry about the long post, and thank you in advance for your time.

I guess i could simply ask if hpf/lpf a splitted signal is the same volume with parallel blended signals.

2. Poobini

Poobini Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2019
    I can't answer your questions... but remember to keep space for cables between each pedal. Based on the layout above, you're not going to have enough room.

3. yes thank you about that. it is just to show the pedals i have or would like to buy. i have that in mind. thank you again

Poobini likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021