Building Pedals for Beginners... this seems cool

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Rav

Rav

Dec 29, 2004
    Aurora, IL
    If you want the ultimate in tweekability don't use any resistors or capacitors at all. Use micro pots and trimmer caps with a sweep range than encompasses the base value and then you can tweek the device all you want.

There are some very nice ceramic trimmer caps available that are pretty inexpensive.

-Rav

2. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Thats probably the best idea to use. Quite hard to deliver.
    I once found this piece of software called Crocodile Clips which simulates schematics. Albeit only for small schematics. I wonder if you could find a piece of software that could simulate the circuit board and you plug in the bass to the pc, and see what happens when you change the resistor values etc.

3. At this point i would like to refer to my previous post in this thread... LTSpice/SwitcherCAD III can simulate schematics of any size (and will work with any PSpice model, so you are actually not limited to LT stuff)

There is no software I know of which would allow you to plug your bass in and let the simulation work on it's sound (latency would probably be too high anyways) But you might want to check this here: http://www.simulanalog.org/

4. CBAnaesthesia

CBAnaesthesia

Jun 2, 2005
    I've been thinking about starting that one - it would be my first pedal-building case (and maybe my last too, at that). Did you get it finished, and if so, what do you think of both the tone/work involved? Thanks

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021