Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

building stuff?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Aug 22, 2001.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ok, i realized i need a much smaller amp after lugging my "small" peavey TKO to a few rehearsals. (my main rig stays at my bands storage space when not in use :( )

and after playing someones swr workingman's 10 i realized that's what i need.

but...i am poor. could i build something similar? i'd have no problem cannibalizing some parts from my peavey if necessary. i'd like it to be around 100 watts and have a 10" speaker, and be kinda light. but if it's small i don't care if it's kinda heavy.

also - i'm considering building an all tube head, or maybe seperate preamp and poweramp. i don't really know for sure...

so my question is - can someone give me some links on amp building resources? advice? personal experience?

i need to read alot to learn about something, so let me have 'em.

jason

2. I build my own tube stuff, and it's cheaper to buy what you want used, and then restore it. If you start from scratch, you're gonna pay a ton for the parts.

Chris

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    thanks for the link! that's just what i needed.

jason