1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Builing Jazz Bass with Ying Yang. Need help on the hardware/electronics

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by faiz0802, Apr 21, 2010.

1. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    M planning on getting a Ying-Yang (Wootenesque) pattern done on a jazz bass body by a great luthier I know. M getting Nordstrand NJ4 as neck pup and NJ4se as bridge pup. Also putting in Audere Z-mode J Deluxe Preamp JZ6D, but am really confused with the 3 options they have. Check this: http://www.audereaudio.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=21

M very tempted to go for the Vol, Vol, T/B, 6 Z-Modes layout since i like complete control over my pickups, but m not sure. M not really good with preamps, any info on what the 3 layouts are and where they apply, what control they have over the tone and sound would be much appreciated.

Also I want to install 4 Hipshot Dtuners on the headstock, using the 2 tuners per side layout, i was wondering if there were any special precautions that I might want to keep n eye out for.