1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Built like a tank...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superfunk47, Sep 14, 2008.

1. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    What basses do you guys completely trust in terms of toughness? Like, you feel like you could throw it down a staircase and pick it up and play it?

For me, nothing could beat a P for hardyness, but EBMM is definately up there, too.

Opinions? :bassist:

2. fender, they have made their proofs. Man 50's basses and guitar that haven't been abused are still great instrument without much problem except maybe some electrical issues (which is kinda normal for something that have been exposed to humidity for over 50 years). My warwick also seem pretty tough.

3. Modo74

Modo74

Aug 7, 2007
    Auckland, NZ
    +1 on the wicks.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Let's not forget the Peavey T-40's. Of course, you might cause some serious damage to the stairs... ;)

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Nothing beats this one. "T" is for "Tank":

NewT40005.
    NewT40009.

6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

You beat me to it!

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    P-Bass
    IMG_3013.

8. lorenk

lorenk

Apr 8, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    fender. ive had mine fall, ram (dont ask), drop; as well as go from fairly humid environments to nil on the humidity (whooohooo bend oregon, second driest place in the US after death valley) and havent needed to mess with the neck. just tuning. not to mention ive never had a problem with any of the electronics/hardware.