1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Built me a squire Jazz. Love it. But...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jason73, Jun 1, 2014.

1. jason73

jason73

Jan 13, 2014
    I bought me a squire jazz for $50 ( two fools met? ) and have built me a great sounding bass. It's an Indonesian body and a MIM neck that I sanded down and oiled lightly. I had a set of older unknown p/UPS that have no markings what so ever that I installed keeping all other factory electronics. Sounds very bright and woody. Love it. Anyone know how to identify them? There are no markings what so ever and I would love to find another set for a project next. 1401677029564. 1401677060562. 1401677097495. 1401677116726.
    Wish I would have taken more build pics but is what it is.

.BumeStik. likes this.
  2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. that should be a Squier Standard series body, in Shoreline Gold ... the pickup routes in it are going to be for two pickups the same length ... if you measure your pickups, and they are the same length, they would either be from a Jazz from this Squier series, or from a pre '01 MIM Standard Jazz (which used pups made for Fender by Cort, part # 36437) ... your knobs are of the press on type over split-splined shafts, correct?