Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

built your own case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by soundoholic, Sep 17, 2003.

1. I'm thinking of building a case for my new acme b4. I am planning on building a basic speaker case(split in half with a larger top) made of 3/4" plywood and carpeting on the inside. I'm also planning on spraying it with truck bed linner(a friend of mine suggested this).

I was wondering if any of you have built your own cases? Any suggestions? lets see some pics! take pride in saving money.

2. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I was considering making my own roadcase for an ampeg 610 but the problem is ...

I don't have it ... yet :mad:

But i'm curious, i want to see what talkbasser can do ...

come on guys post pics !

Cheers
    L0L0

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Oh man, whatever you do, use something lightweight. If you make it out of timber it will double the overall weight of the cab.

I dunno, maybe aluminium sheets?

4. Weight is not an issue. I got roadies!!! I'm just worried that it will get damaged in transit from show to show. I'm gonna put the whole thing on castors so it won't be a drag to move. I'm going to build the thing in Colorado, at my parents place with my dad. He's a very good carpenter. Should be fun! He has sooo much lumber and junk, it won't cost me a dime. (maybe the drawbolts) I just got some quotes from some ata case companies. On average it would cost me 350$ for a case to my specs with castors!!! I think I'll build it myself.:spit:

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Make it out of Steel, 5 inches thick. Line the inside with lead!

6. :D

That way superman can never find out it's contents!