built your own case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by soundoholic, Sep 17, 2003.

1. I'm thinking of building a case for my new acme b4. I am planning on building a basic speaker case(split in half with a larger top) made of 3/4" plywood and carpeting on the inside. I'm also planning on spraying it with truck bed linner(a friend of mine suggested this).

I was wondering if any of you have built your own cases? Any suggestions? lets see some pics! take pride in saving money.
  2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I was considering making my own roadcase for an ampeg 610 but the problem is ...

I don't have it ... yet :mad:

But i'm curious, i want to see what talkbasser can do ...

come on guys post pics !

3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Oh man, whatever you do, use something lightweight. If you make it out of timber it will double the overall weight of the cab.

I dunno, maybe aluminium sheets?
  4. Weight is not an issue. I got roadies!!! I'm just worried that it will get damaged in transit from show to show. I'm gonna put the whole thing on castors so it won't be a drag to move. I'm going to build the thing in Colorado, at my parents place with my dad. He's a very good carpenter. Should be fun! He has sooo much lumber and junk, it won't cost me a dime. (maybe the drawbolts) I just got some quotes from some ata case companies. On average it would cost me 350$ for a case to my specs with castors!!! I think I'll build it myself.:spit:
  5. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Make it out of Steel, 5 inches thick. Line the inside with lead!
  6. :D

That way superman can never find out it's contents!