Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bulk dealers?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Who deals in bulk strings? I know Juststrings.com does, but only their house brand, and even though they sell a .110, a gauge I'm fond of for my E, they do NOT sell a .130 bulk, which is the least I will deal with for my B string 9though they do sell a .125). So who else deals in bulk that sells .130 Bs? I'm not picky as far as brands go, I just need .110 (or 05) and .130's that will fit a 35".
    Repeat (it's important) 35" scale bass.

Thanks.

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...Ok, this is getting to be a hassle. My bridges will admit a .130 string, which is my preffered gauge of B. They will NOT however, admit anything over. I.E. the strings must be taperwound/taper core for things to work out.

So far I've had to blow about 60 bucks on strings that don't fit all the wat in, with about an inch sticking out the back of the bridge, which looks tacky, and can't be good for the string. I'm never, ever gonna go to any of the local music stores again. :mad:

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    ooo...sorry to hear that Brendan :(. I got burnt to the tune of $1K
    by a local franchise whose door I'll never darken again --
    no matter how many Ken Smiths they have in stock :p.

I dunno if you can get a "bulk" discount, but Just Strings has
    single D'Addario 130 s/s Tapered Super Long's for ~$10 / pop ...

Along the lines of not raisin' the bridge but lowerin' the river (not to
    mention spendin' more $$$ :rolleyes: ), maybe a new bridge is in order?
    One that will accommodate "standard" taper large strings.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, ND, I'm choking a bridge for my K5 outta my folks come August (B-Day!) and I'm working a bit, so about the same time, I'll fork over for a bridge for my Ibanez.

Both are probably gonna be Hipshot A's in Black and Chrome, respectively. I really want an open channel bridge so that I can HAVE those 130 non-tapers if needs be.

:rolleyes: Money. Sheesh.