Bulk Email Programs?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by ThePez, Aug 13, 2003.

1. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good bulk email program. I got almost 400 email addresses from my bands email list...and MSN will only let you send out 100 emails a day. I would like to send out one email to 400 people at one time. What do you guys use to send out emails of upcomming shows to a crap load of people?
  2. Try looking for something on www.hotscripts.com that will allow u to send mass emails for your website. Are these just like newsletters for the band?
  3. yea...upcomming gigs and announcments and such.
  4. Do a search on www.hotscripts.com for "Newsletter" (no quotes) I think most of them are PHP scripts meaning your server will need to support PHP and are usually pretty easy to setup. Hope I was of any help ~ Tyler
  5. Yea man, much help. I downloaded Turbo Mailer. Now I'm trying to figure out how to set it up and use it!

Thanks bro.
  6. Good luck man. Also, if you need other stuff for your website but don't know how to make it, check that site out :D It rules.
  7. I'm computer illiterate...and I can't spell. There are a few things I would like to add to our site, that I don't know how to do. Heck...I'm still trying to figure out what my SMPT server is or whatever. I don't know if I should use the server that hosts my site, or my own ISP's server.
  8. If the server that hosts your site gave you an E-mail address for it, contact them and ask them the SMTP. Otherwise, contact your ISP if you have an E-mail account setup through them or somehow contact yahoo or msn or hotmail or w/e your using for an E-mail address.
  9. Here's something I wrote. (for unix)
    This is even better because it sends out 400 individual emails, so people's spam-blockers won't trigger on them being one of 400, and nobody knows anybody else's address.

First, have a file called "list" which is one email address per line and nothing else.
    Now, have a file called "letter" that is the full text of the letter you want to send. (signature and everything)

here is the script

foreach address (`cat list`)
    eval `mail -s "put the subject here" $address < letter`

Those are backticks, btw. Not single quotes.
    Call it "bulkmail" and use it by typing "./bulkmail" Remember to edit it for the subject each time, and archive your letters if you want by changing their name after they've been sent. If anyone can figure out an improvement such that it would take the subject as it's argument, that would be cool. In other words, to use it type
    ./bulkmail -s "put your subject here"