1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Bullseye Buttons 3-packs: 3D printed footswitch pads for your pedals!

Discussion in 'The TB Bazaar: Gear For Sale from our Sponsors' started by DDXdesign, Nov 21, 2018.

1. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Price:
    Hi all! Dipping my toe into the Bazaar here to share these little things I've been 3D printing for a little while now. You probably know what footswitch toppers are - they make your pedals' switches gentler on your feet if you don't have shoes on, give you a bigger target to hit, and bright colors can be used instead of tape to ID your pedals on a dark stage.

So here are my Bullseye Buttons (formerly "StompPADs")
    D799E833-866A-479C-B7A8-9447AFACE38E.
    Shown: UV green, UV orange and UV blue (blacklight reactive) in 10mm standard size (on the EBS) and 10mm deep size (MXRs)

What's different about mine?
    - 3D printed of nontoxic, biodegradable PLA plastic
    - No set-screws: each model is designed for a specific switch size
    - Cheaper than the big metal guys (which I hadn't heard of when I designed my first models)
    - Been on the market longer than the Candy ones from china, actually.
    - Possible to customize - I made a hugely tall one for @JIO recently, so his fuzz button could clear the BOSS pedals next to it

D11B8F4E-F497-4D5F-A776-260A65ACA70C.
    JIO's custom extra-tall yellow on the left.

I will add more pictures in a bit, but want to put more info in this opening post:

Details!
    - Mostly 31mm overall diameter (the small 9mm size is 28mm OD)
    - They raise the switch surface up 4mm
    - Friction fitted - they should pop on and off with a little effort. There is some tolerance with the printing process, so occasionally I get tighter or looser ones, but they tend to stay on unless really loose, and for tightness the plastic will 'stretch' a tiny bit if you mash it on there =0)

Price:
    $7.19
    for a 3-pack, plus $3.50 actual shipping cost. This is a 10% TB discount from my current price on Reverb =0)
    Note: 3.50 is my shipping "floor" (1st class w/tracking) because they can't really go in regular stamped mail, so it doesn't make sense to the buyer for me to sell individual buttons anymore, hence the 3-packs. But hey, we all have SEVERAL pedals around here, right?

Sizes:
    - 10mm standard: Most pedals, like EHX, most Pigtronix, most TC, etc! (5-6mm deep)
    - 10mm extra deep: MXR, Way Huge (they use the same 10mm diameter, but 8-9mm deep)
    - 11mm: Tech 21, Zoom B3/MS series/etc
    - 13mm: TC's new MASH switches
    - 9mm: Small rounded momentary and softswitches, as found on some 3Leaf and some Pigtronix pedals

Not sure what size you need? just tell me what pedal you have and I'll try to figure it out if I don't already know! I'm a serial pedal flipper so I've had MANY.

Colors:
    Not all colors are always available, but I rotate somewhat often and try to keep the best sellers in stock:
    - Black
    - White
    - Blue
    - Red
    - Yellow
    - UV Neon Green (UV = blacklight reactive!)
    - UV Electric Blue
    - UV Blaze Orange
    - UV Fluoro Yellow (also translucent; slightly greenish, glows almost the same color as neon green)
    - Translucent natural (like a frosted off-white)
    - Translucent orange
    - Translucent green
    - Translucent yellow

I'll update the thread with more pics in just a little while! Thanks for checking them out.

Dave

D799E833-866A-479C-B7A8-9447AFACE38E. D11B8F4E-F497-4D5F-A776-260A65ACA70C.

ObsessiveArcher and JIO like this.
  2. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    :thumbsup: