Bummed Out

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HiFi, Jul 19, 2004.

1. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Just venting to the TB community. I was totally stoked about getting an SX bass and was all set to order when I found out that the model and finish I wanted was out of stock. :(

My band is playing MTV Rock the Vote next month and I was going to use the SX (possibly with mod's) as a backup bass for my Benavente or on a couple of our songs so I could spend less time detuning at future shows. Now I'm stuck not knowing what to do since Kurt from Rondo told me they wouldn't get new stock of 'my bass' until the fall probably. I have a wanted thread on the board in the classifieds of course, but felt like letting off some frustration here. I'm not mad at Kurt or Rondo Music, just at a standstill on my next move.

I'm thinking of getting a different color (black) but I feel like I will only regret it in a few months. Oddly, I emailed Kurt today to comment that I realized they had the bass on an Ebay auction and I asked if I used Ebay if would it be available; I assumed this to be the case. I haven't received a response yet, but almost all of the SX bass listings on Ebay seem to have disappeared, including the bass I wanted. Not sure what to make of it and now that I get into this story I'm not sure this is in the right thread.

Anyways, just bumming...
  2. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    What color did you want? The vintage white?

I love my SPJ62 and its black.