Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bummer!!!!!! lost parts (SWR)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, I had "one of those gigs" today with a band (they're not so good) I am sitting in with. I knew todays gig was going to be pretty lame, but it went even worse than expected. A couple weeks ago, I got tired of lugging my whole rack around, so I decided to pull the head (SWR 750) out of the rack, and just take it alone. When unloading the gear, I noticed that one of the fuse caps on the rear was missing :eek: Having some spare time before the gig started, I made a trip into town to look for one. I went to a "reputable" audio shop in town, and got a complete idiot for a salesperson. I had taken the speaker fuse and cap in for reference, and handed it to the lady working. She looked at it and said (once you lose these, you're pretty much screwed", and then suggested I use some duct tape to hold the fuse in......WHAT? Not like this would even work, but that's besides the point. I left, and went to the local radio shack, no luck there as well.

Luckily, the drummer of the band called another bass player we knew that owned SWR, and he brought his amp up.....I robbed his fuse cover, and we got to go on.

Anyway, to the point.....how much hassle do you figure it is going to be to get one of these from SWR since the buyout? Keep your eye on these parts friends, I found it's not hard to lose them, and you're pretty much SOL when it happens.

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I'd take it to a music store to have it checked out.

Especially if you just took a fuse cap off the other amp and put it on yours, it seems like you could easily replace it.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Shouldn't be hard to get one from SWR and I wouldn't expect it to be any different since the buyout. When I got my SM-500 it was missing a fuse and cap. SWR sent me a new one and I just used the one off of my Workingman's 300 until the new one got there.

brad cook

4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Call up the parts number listed on their website (www.swrsound.com) and order them. It took me less than a week to get mine.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    AN -

I've helped a couple of SWR users replace those fuse caps through Bass Central, but ihixulu has a good idea - you should be able to purchase replacement fuse caps directly from SWR via the phone or their website. If you have any trouble however, just drop me a line (PM, e-mail, or call me at BC - the number's on our website, can't post it here!) and I'll do what I can to help you out. According to my "guys" at SWR, nothing is really going to change much in the service department with the ownership change....so let's find out! ;)

6. Fuse Cap replacements were listed in the last published SWR cataloge. Should be easy enough to get through Fender.

If you call the SWR number, you'll get a taped message referring you to Fender Customer Service.

Fender Customer Service: 480-596-9690

7. Sorry to hear that:-/

You could always steal a Fuse Cap from Guitar Center;)

Mwhahahaha