1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bumping Policy

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by 2cooltoolz, Sep 26, 2017.

1. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Hi! I'm certainly not arguing the need for the policy. I remember the "bad old days" where a few sellers always lived at the top of the listings, due to having "friends" who would keep them bumped up, or just not following the rules.

My suggestion is to make it less than 24 hours. Maybe 20 hours. Effectively still once a day.

My reasoning is: Everytime I list something for more than a few days, it progressively gets listed later in the day with each bump. I'm interested in my listings, but I'm not sitting by the computer each day waiting for my bump. So 5:00 Monday becomes 6:30 Tuesday and thereafter, 7:15 Wednesday and thereafter, etc.

By the weekend, I just wait for the next day.

Thanks!

Jon

2. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Or how about once per calendar day regardless of time?

2cooltoolz and Gorn like this.
  3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I can't think of a downside to this.

Stumbo, 2cooltoolz and Burwabit like this.
  4. Drucifer

Drucifer Not currently practicing Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Endorsements: your name could be here, Mr. Sadowsky!
    I support this!

Stumbo likes this.