Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bunker Guitars bass bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Aug 1, 2001.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    My Warmoth Tele project is going well, so I'm considering building a new headless bass. It would be an oiled Warmoth carved top body in Koa or Walnut, with a Moses headless neck and EMGs. I like to build stuff.

In looking around for headless bridge options, I found these guys:

http://www.bunker-guitars.com/bass_bridge.html

The design is intriguing, particularly since it would require no routing for installation - just simple drilling, which I can handle at home. The individual bridge for each string design is interesting...

Has anyone here handled any of their stuff? According to their site, they make a six string with this bridge:

[​IMG]

Comments?

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Bunker is the B in PBC; you'll see a bunch of those circulating around. My son has been enjoying one of their six stringed basses that looks very much like that illustration (his band site www.second-story.net where you can eventually click through to his gear), and it's a nice axe.

I've never heard him mention any problems with the bridge, though he has often wished he had the adaptor at the top of the neck so he could expand his string options.

3. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Allparts also makes some nice headless bridges and accessories. Where are you getting the neck?

4. Would it be possible to get the hardware from steinberg? Why not try that.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The neck will be Moses. Most other headless hardware required major routing for the bridge - the Bunker one doesn't, which is the appeal.