Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bunny Bass bbMIA in trouble?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by EdEdBass, Jan 8, 2004.

1. EdEdBass

EdEdBass

Aug 11, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I used to frequently visit BunnyBass, and I was sad (and angry) when they became a subscription site (bbMIA).

I see today that bbMIA is no longer accepting subscriptions. Does anyone know if this means bbMIA is in trouble? I can't think if a legitimate business reason to turn down customers’ money, unless they are going to shut down.

I predicted (to myself anyway, not publicly) that the bbMIA venture would fail. Not only have subscription-content sites not faired well on the Internet, but the way they handled the transition made me angry, and I suspect it angered others as well. What angered me was that when the instrument archive went off the air last summer, there was no warning. Instead, there was an advertisement for the upcoming bbMIA. This advertisement NEVER mentioned that the site would be subscription-only. Thinking back now, if this had been pointed out up front, along with an explanation of why it was financially necessary for them, I believe I might have supported the venture. But on the day it happened, I was really angry. All day.

Did others also have this reaction?

-Ed

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I don't know if I would describe myself as angry, but disappointed sure fit the bill. As much as I loved their site, I feel no need to pay 5 dollars a month to look at a few basses I like. Many of the instruments they posted, while "interesting" and photographed quite well, did nothing for me. I can see pictures of pretty basses all over the internet for free if I want. They don't really provide something for me that I can't get for free. I am not against paying for access to content on the internet (I already do for a few sites) but to me, it wasn't handled well and I didn't really feel a need for it anyway.

Kind of a bummer.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Or in your closet...or wherever you keep your basses. ;)

brad cook

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Actually I don't have any basses right now. Except my original Ibanez that I am borrowing from my dad.

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Bunny bass is gone and all forms of it as well. I wasnt happy with the way they handled it either. Did you visit the forum when they had one?

6. What happened to all those Foderas?