Bunny Brunel - Anyone seen him live?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Blackbird, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Just wondering if anyone has ever seen BB on a stage interacting with other musicians. A while back I had the Carvin "Creating your own bass sound" video and it was little more than a Carvin Infomercial hosted by BB (Small surprise).

I got rid of that video a long time ago, but I recall some interesting playing, but I'd like to hear from someone whos seen him in a more natural setting.
  2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Thanks for refreshing my memory! I would say maybe ...10 years ago, Bunny played at a very small venue in LA- I believe the drummer he used was- damn! can't think of HER name-someone help me- she played w/ the band on one of the late night shows- afro-american- young- very talented-
    drawing a blank!!! I honestly forget the other ensemble members, I think it was a quartet or quintet.
    They started out w/ Herbie Hancock's "Dolphin Dance"- Kinda rare appearance; I suppose BB mostly does sessions or teaches, I think he's still on staff here in town at LA music Academy.

Long while ago, but they were very tight, all LA session players, nice sound, & Bunny was a very
    congenial "leader"- really a treat in that the club was super small & intimate-
    Who was that drummer?? It's driving me crazy!!!
    (I think she has two names, like "Sara Jessica Parker"

Never Mind!!!
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i dont know about his live playing...

i do have one of his books called "Slap Bass Essentials" (along with Joaquin DesPres)

pretty good book and nice playing on the CD.
  4. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    Ask to Chick Corea or Tony MacAlpine!