1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bunny Brunel EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by ed morgan, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Has anyone here played/purchased a Bunny Brunel EUB? If so,how do you like it compared to other EUB's? I've only heard any eub on youtube but to me this bass has the best sound of any I've heard.

2. I played one on Musikmesse Frankfurt (Frankfurt Music Trade fair) many years ago. Was nice to play, but at this time I didn't had an EUB myself, so hard to compare. Might be in the same class as the Yamahas or better. But still not a 100% replacement to an acoustic double bass.

ed morgan likes this.
  3. I"m not into them.. I like the eminence basses better.. but you'd better play one yourself before diving in..

ed morgan likes this.
  4. Thanks. I'll have to check that bass out as well.

5. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    I noodled on one at NAMM last year, and watched Bunny play one there at the booth. Very nice craftsmanship and playability. My personal impression was that it didn't really think it sounded as much like an upright as some of the other options, but others may disagree. As with other solid-body options, string choice, setup, and technique may change that. But the one at NAMM was set up like an electric bass with ultralow action; hard to get the string to "bloom" with it so low...

6. Couldn't say it any better Mark! It's an electric bass essentially.. I had the same experience with a Palatino EUB.. It reminded me of the Bunny Brunel bass..

Love the guy.. just don't know why He chose to make an electric Ron Carter emulating bass. Not that that is such a terrible thing.. ha..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    ed morgan likes this.
  7. leona1

leona1 Supporting Member

May 27, 2009
    very expensive!

ed morgan likes this.
  8. Is it more than $2500?

9. Thanks everyone.

10. I believe it's over $5000.

11. leona1

leona1 Supporting Member

May 27, 2009
    very expensive!!!

12. If that's the case,

then you have to be a moron to pay for that. haha

Yes, I'm just going to say it.. If you pay $5000 for that bass.. then..

look, even the Eminence portable bass (and it's a removable neck and 5-string version!) is like $3200-3600 ..

I'm just shocked right now if that's true.

13. I won't be,that's way above my pay grade!